Watch the 7-Minute Demo
Want to learn more about FireScope? Complete the form below to see a short 7-minute demonstration of FireScope DDM and our integration with ServiceNow.
Event Management Automation
Slash the time it takes to identify, respond and resolve issues with the combination of FireScope+ServiceNow. Through this integration, you gain an automated platform that identifies the first signs of potential failure and automatically generates incidents in ServiceNow, before users are impacted.
- FireScope Stratis' real-time service monitoring identifies the first signs of business-impacting incidents, leverages web service integration with ServiceNow to automatically generate an Incident, enriched with information regarding root-cause and financial impact.
- The solution continuously synchronizes notes and updates from ServiceNow, so users in either solution always have the most current information.
- If normal operating conditions are identified, FireScope Stratis can automatically close the Incident in ServiceNow, reducing average incident resolution times. Conversely, if the incident is closed in ServiceNow, FireScope automatically closes relevant events and verifies that normal performance has been achieved.
- All configuration is performed through web-based wizards that guide users through the process of integration FireScope and ServiceNow.
- Enables a “Zero Touch” scenario wherein FireScope identifies degradation of a service or capacity issue, automatically generates an incident in ServiceNow which then triggers automation to remediate the incident. Issues are now resolved before users are impacted, and IT is freed up to focus on strategic initiatives.
Bi-Directional CMDB Integration
The typical enterprise has over 16 monitoring and management tools, and every time a new service or application is deployed, each must be individually configured to monitor and manage the new assets. That represents a significant amount of time and effort that could be better spent elsewhere.
FireScope's integration with ServiceNow's CMDB can eliminate all of this duplicate effort by automatically replicating changes in the ServiceNow CMDB to FireScope for instant application of best practice monitoring.
- Web service interconnectivity synchronizes ServiceNow CMDB CI data with FireScope Stratis, with dependencies and relationships intact.
- FireScope Stratis performs API-enhanced, SNMP v1-3 discovery on these assets to automatically configure attribute data collection, event analysis and dashboards.
- Any new details on assets identified by FireScope's discovery can be pushed back to ServiceNow for a more accurate configuration picture.
- Organizations need only maintain a single system of record in ServiceNow CMDB to achieve a complete 360-degree view of service management.
- IT gains a consistent, standardized service model, improving communication across teams and disciplines and provides a clear line of sight between technology performance and business outcomes.
- Eliminates integration risks and significant manual efforts maintaining multiple solution configurations, enabling hundreds of man hours to be refocused on driving innovation.
Example Use Case for Integration
- Change Management (RFCs)
- Service Catalog
- Incident Related Changes
- Triggered Automation
Web Service Integration
- New/Modified IT Services and Their Dependencies
- New/Modified Configuration Items (CIs), CMDB Data
- Incident details and other SN data
- SNMP v3 + Agent + API Discovery
- Blueprints applied, Service Model retained
- Events trigger Incident creation in ServiceNow, continuously synced.
- Real-time dashboards, notifications, reports and analysis.
Manual Effort = 0
ServiceNow Data Integration
FireScope has the ability to collect any metrics stored in your ServiceNow instances, which can then be analyzed for issues, visualized in real-time dashboards using the latest in HTML5/Canvas technologies, or integrated into rich reports or predictive analytics. Configuration is easy; simply enter credentials for your ServiceNow instance into a one-page wizard within FireScope and begin leveraging your ServiceNow data immediately.
- Collect and analyze health and performance metrics from your ServiceNow instance to identify when additional instances may be required.
- Evaluate trends in incidents and closure rates to refine your strategy for IT.
- Visualize service health and related support activity from a single, real-time dashboard, customized for your operational role and personal preferences.
Cloud-Based Alternative to Legacy Suites
For years, it has been thought that the only way to achieve enterprise-class, integrated IT Service Management was through a huge investment in money and time in a Big-4 (IBM, CA Technologies, HP, BMC) suite. Yet, the majority of enterprises using Big-4 (IBM, CA Technologies, BMC, HP) monitoring and management tools are disappointed with the value they've received after all the time and money they've invested.
The combination of FireScope+ServiceNow offers organizations a new alternative that requires just a fraction of the cost and effort of a legacy suite, while sacrificing none of the capabilities. Furthermore, as both solutions are offered in a SaaS model, you don't have to spend any time updating and maintaining the solutions themselves!
- Complete, 360-degree view of the IT service lifecycle, encompassing asset management, CMDB, enterprise monitoring, incident management and automation - achieved with only 2 products.
- Dashboards in days rather than months or years and leverages extensive automation to reduce or eliminate ongoing configuration work.
- None of the integration risks inherent in the Big-4 suite approach that requires upwards of 18 products.
- Enterprise scalability and performance running on an environment that you don't have to manage!